Massachusetts – The owner of the 2012 Honda Civic said she was about 30 yards away from the car outside of BJ’s Wholesale Club on Cedar Street when she popped the trunk with her remote and the car exploded. The car was destroyed but the woman, a nurse from Winchester Hospital, was not hurt. The boyfriend of the car owner, who works for an HVAC company, had welding equipment inside the car. Investigators believe vapors ignited from acetylene tanks in the truck. It is believed there may have been a leak from that tank.
How does the phrase go, “The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry.” Well, that must be what happened here. I mean there’s no way this was an accident. Leaving your welding equipment in the trunk of your girlfriend’s Honda Civic? Please. I mean the guy is a welder and all, so the chances this was some diabolical plan might be farfetched, but he’s gotta have some idea what an acetylene tank is capable of doing. And this is the worst of the worst too. Not only did his plan not go through, but he’s probably going to have to pay for all the damages. Whoops. Have fun sleeping with one eye open while your girlfriend plots her revenge.
P.S. I’m so making farfetch happen.