1. Of all of Subway’s professional athlete endorsers these days, I think the first was Happy Gilmore.
2. In the last scene when Happy makes the tournament winning putt did you look at anyone else besides that one chick in the orange and blue overalls?
3. Happy’s caddy is in fact, Grandma’s boy.
4. Happy’s boss, Mr. Larson, might’ve had a nail in his skull, but he rocked the hell out of these old school air force one’s.
5. When Happy and Virginia go on their first date they go to the rink of the Minnesota Moose based in Minneapolis-St. Paul. The Moose played in the International Hockey League for two years before changing leagues to the American Hockey League which ironically forced them into relocating to Canada. They became the Manitoba Moose.
6. In the beginning of the movie when Happy is singing to his girlfriend through the apartment monitor, the lyrics are “I wanna kiss you all over. Till the night closes in.” NOT “till the night glows easy.” (or am I the only one who thought those were the lyrics) Anyway here’s the full version of I Wanna Kiss You All Over by Exile. (skip to 1:24 for the good part)
Umm, yeah. Sandler 100% says, “till the night glows easy.” Case closed.
7. Remember MadTV? That’s Will Sasso from MadTV.
8. The tagline for the movie was, “Happy Gilmore. He doesn’t play golf…he destroys it.”
9. Chubbs loved wearing Lacoste, the gator logo’d clothing line, despite the fact that a gator took his hand and ended his career. (I see what the writers did there)
10. Virginia Venit (Julie Bowen) is still a fox.
11. Grandma (Francis Bay) was in Hannah Montana…yikes.
12. Apparently during the tryout scene, that guy in the white jersey, standing next to the coach is Stanley Cup Champion Vincent Lecavalier (although a teen at the time).
13. According to IMDB, Bob Barker woulda kicked Sandler’s ass if they got in a real fight, “In the fight between Bob Barker and Happy. Bob genuinely would have won. He has studied Tang Soo Do Karate for decades under Chuck Norris and his brother Aaron.”
14. Now that Subway has a new and fresh logo, the one they use in Happy Gilmore is pretty much vintage, which is cool…
15. …and remember that old interior?
16. …and of course, how they used to cut their sandwiches?
17. Happy Gilmore is highly praised for driving the ball 450 yards. Tiger Wood’s longest drive ever was 425 yards. And the longest drive in the history of the game was 476 yards by David Love III in 2004.
18. They do in fact serve beer at The Masters.
19. Happy’s not the only one to jump in the lake on tour…
…but maybe the only guy…?
20. Carl Weathers not only played Chubbs in Happy Gilmore. He was also Apollo Creed in the Rocky series…
21. With 30 teams in the NHL and the maximum roster spots for each team being 23 that means there are 690 players playing in the league at a given time (not including the minors). The PGA tour has 150 players each week. (yeah, math facts aren’t the funnest…sorry)
22. It’s too bad Llanos didn’t make it a three person sudden death playoff. He could’ve stole the gold jacket away from both Shooter and Happy.
23. Odyssey actually made and sold those hockey stick putters.
24. Not really sure who this guy is, who plays the mean orderly, but he’s supposed to be some big name Hollywood actor?…
25. Abraham Lincoln was reportedly 6’4. Carl Weathers is listed at 6’1. Given that reasoning, this picture doesn’t make sense.
OHHH! That mean orderly is Ben Stiller. Ben Stiller guys!